National Geographic Murals
Project Location: 1145 17th St. NW, Washington DC, 20036
Our skilled professional wallpaper hangers installed 23 murals to this facility. We were contacted by a company that specializes in large printed graphics to hang some murals at National Geographic Headquarters.
Some of the unique challenges included:
- Animal graphics were printed on murals that were 5-6' wide by 8-9' tall.
- Mural hanging in general is much more difficult especially when you are asked to hang a large canvas, such as these. It often involves two to three people to hang one.
- The murals needed to be applied to rounded irregular columns. This meant the circumference of each column had to be measured in different places on the column so that when the mural was brought together at the rear of the column the picture looked seamless.
- Because Facility was hosting a convention; and some unexpected delays from the printing company we needed to install all 23 in one Friday evening shift. We accomplished all of this.
- Because it is a working office all work had to be completed after regular business hours.
- 6 professional wallpaper hangers completed project in the evening scheduled.
- Wallpaper adhesive and materials used met or exceeded Leed Standards.
“Premiere Painting are experts in their field. They know what products to use and what products to stay away from. I’ve used Premiere on big jobs where big money is at stake—they always pull through.”